Are you a mother with a daughter age 10 - 18?
Her Money, a new program of Goodwill’s Financial Information and Service Center (FISC), will help you strengthen your personal finances and increase your savings.
FISC will provide valuable financial information and support to help you establish your own personalized saving’s goal – from saving for a “rainy day” to saving for a family vacation, and everything in between. Your daughter can choose her own saving’s goal.
In addition, the Her Money program offers you and your daughter a cash incentive for every dollar you save. The incentive includes a “two-for-one” match. You are eligible to earn up to a $400 match, and your daughter up to $100. For example, if you save $200 over the year and complete the financial education components of the program, you will receive a $400 match. Your daughter can earn an additional $100 if she saves $50 over the program year. By providing both support and incentives, we can help you and your family make saving a lifetime habit.
Matched savings have been generously supported by a grant from The Women’s Fund for the Fox Valley Region, Inc. as part of their Financial Fluency Initiative.
In Her Money, you and your daughter will learn how to:
- Start and build savings
- Improve your credit score
- Establish personal and family financial goals
- Access information about tax preparation options and credits
- Begin and maintain meaningful dialogue about money
Financial education provided by FISC
Guidelines to qualify for this program:
- Household income cannot exceed $50,000 a year
- Currently have no cash savings account, or less than $100 in cash savings
- Ability to open a savings account
- Resident of the Fox Valley (including Calumet, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca, or northern Winnebago counties)
- Have a daughter ages 10-18 who will participate in the yearlong program with you (sons may also be allowed)