Coming June 25 2013: Trusteer Rapport, online banking security software
At Fox Communities Credit Union, your security is our top priority. We have multiple levels of security in place that continually monitor and work to protect our credit union systems to keep your accounts and information secure from fraud.
Statistics indicate cybercriminals have the most success with online fraud by attacking your computer that may not always have adequate protection in place. To assist you in adding an extra level of protection to your computer, we are excited to offer our members Trusteer Rapport, at no cost to you. When used with Fox Communities Credit Union's It's Me 247 Online Banking, along with your current anti-virus software and firewall, the one-time download of the Trusteer Rapport security software can help ensure your online banking experiences remain safe and secure.
Be Safe Online
At Fox Communities Credit Union we are diligent about providing online protection to our members. “It's Me 247” Online Banking is designed to safeguard your money and privacy by using the latest Internet security technologies.
There are also steps you should take to keep your information safe online.
- Protect your user names and passwords.
- Change passwords frequently.
- It's important to use strong PINs/passwords. Strong PINs/passwords are:
1. At least eight to ten characters in length
3. Case sensitive
4. Require the use of at least one special character (e.g., !@#$%&).
- Use a different user name and password for each online application.
- Contact us about any suspicious email or telephone inquiry seeking account or personal information.
- Verify the web site by checking the URL (web address) to be sure there are no misspellings (www.Foxcu.org) or other signs that it may be "spoofed."
- Make sure your virus protection is turned on and up to date. It's important to install antivirus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware programs on your home computers. This includes making sure the signature files are updated by downloading and installing updates on a daily basis.
- Keep your operating system (i.e. windows, osx) and internet browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Fire Fox) up to date with the latest security patches.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged into your credit union accounts.
- Do not use public access computers to access your credit union accounts through online banking. Computers accessible to the public may be infected with viruses and/or malicious software, such as Trojans and keyloggers.
- Log off using the "logoff" button and close the browser when done using Online Banking.