Seminars & Events
What Everyone Needs to Know About Social Security
Thursday, October 16, 3:00 - 4:15 p.m.
Social Security Administration Building, Appleton, Wis.
We apologize, but this seminar is full. Watch this page for upcoming events and seminars in the future. Thank you!
At this seminar, you'll learn:
- How benefits are calculated.
- How you can work and still receive Social Security benefits.
- How to increase your benefits by 32%.
- Can I get additional benefits if I am married or divorced?
- What happens if I become disabled?
- When and how to file for Social Security.
About the speaker:
Tim Gierke has worked for the Social Security Administration for 34 years. For the past 23 years he has served as the District Manager of the Appleton Social Security Office. The Appleton District includes the counties of Waupaca, Winnebago, Calumet and Outagamie. In this district, 58,000 people receive over $61 million per month in Social Security benefits.
Tim has a regular bi-monthly column in the business section of the Appleton Post Crescent newspaper He is a regular guest on WHBY’s Good Neighbor Show monthly on Wednesdays where he provides Social Security answers to call in questions.